Ajax loader

Can't find what you're looking for?

 

Be sure to Sign in to see all available content.

 

If you don't have an account, Register here.

SEARCH RESULT FOR:
BRAZIL-PROTESTS/
RTX113T3
27 Jun. 2013
A patient lies on a bed as a doctor walks past at the... more
BRAZIL-PROTESTS/
RTX113T3
27 Jun. 2013
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
A patient lies on a bed as a doctor walks past at the Souza Aguiar hospital in Rio de Janeiro June 27, 2013. The protests that have swept Brazil in recent weeks have sent shockwaves through the country's political establishment, prompting a flurry of promises to improve public services, such as health care, as well as concrete measures aimed at quelling the unrest. The lower house of Brazil's Congress approved a bill that earmarks 75 percent of all royalties from new oil fields to education projects and the remaining 25 percent to public health care and hospitals. The bill had been languishing in Congress, but lawmakers voted on it in a frenzied session after nationwide protests demanding more spending on health care and education. REUTERS/Pilar Olivares (BRAZIL - Tags: POLITICS HEALTH BUSINESS)
Page
of 1
Sort by
Items per page
Display
Print
Refine your search